undulated

trigguhmastuh

I have a 125 gallon fo tank. I have currently a 3 in. undulated triggerfish. I was wondering what would be good tankmates. Would a clown trigger, blue lined trigger, or queen trigger be good tankmates?

I've heard blue lined triggers and queens are extremely mean just like undulateds, so I guess you might, but the triggers would hafe to be about 4 in. or 4.5 in. But it's a little risky because undulateds are extremely mean.

trigguhmastuh

Thankyou for the replies, I think i'm going to go with the advice you gave me saltwater. I'm goin to get the queen and blue lined. Thanks.

Good luck, you'll need it with that undulated. But, you should of never added that undulated trigger first, that's askin for trouble. But, good luck.

Wait a minute, you say you have a 125 gallon aquarium, but under your tank option it says 55 gallon. What tank size do you realy have?

goldfish

Somethings "fishy" around here boys and girls.....Ol triggahmastuh yesterday had a 55 gallon f/o tank....he NOW has a 125 with an undulated. What's going on here????
Sound familiar? Hope you're being honest ol' trigguh-boy...many posts have been flamed about its members not being truthful about what they have and WHO they are....tread lightly and honestly or you will get the flames!!!!!!!!! :mad:

goldfish

You're right reefgirl :D
The only way to give the best possible advice is to know truly who the person is and what kind of tank they have. If one day they have a 55 gallon then 24 hours later it's a 125, don't you get a little suspicious? How do we give consistant advice and not mess up someone's tank when we never know what the truth is?
I really don't want to start another war on this bb--honestly. But, if some members are not going to be honest and "make up" sh*t, then my suggestion would be get off. It's not worth our time if honesty is not there on their part.

guppie

you know if I want to hear this kind of crap I would watch one of my wifes soaps, can we just back to what we all came here for and that is s/w fish, and helping others, and not B.Sing other people. I'm done.
guppie

goofieones

Wanna know what I think, I think both of these guys are saltwater4me, he is just trying to get the attention off of him, by creating another name and making the new name do the same things that he did to get people pissed off in the first place. Come on, look at all the things, 1. faviorite fish undulated trigger, 2. tank size 55 3.tigger in the name (which was his first name) 4. playing the exact same games as 6 months ago.

i was thinking the same thing as goofieones,maybe the same person but who knows. if its not, sorry for the mixup. but if this is true please stop playing childish games.

tonga

saltwater4ne, please do not give advice on things you know nothing about, (even when you are giving advise to yourself it's false info)
I'll answer the question anyway in case someone really needs to know why, and not think sw4mes BS is what to do.
do not put a queen or any other trigger in with a undulated. Undulated,Queens, and blueline triggers need to be KEPT by themselves, espicialy in a 125 or even a 55G tank (which is too small for a fully grown undulated)..in say a 250-300G system you could do a undulated and POSSIBLY a large grouper if you add the grouper first.
[ July 14, 2001: Message edited by: tonga ]

grouperhead

hmm....as for tigguhmastuh(what is that?) being sw4me, i found something odd. trigguhmastuh registered 12 july 2001. thats the same day kappa posted about the bad advice in the aquarium about the mantis shrimp. the day sw4me leaves, is the date of this guys first post. then this guys tank magically changes from a 55 to a 125 (i wish the aquarium fairy would do that for me), kinda like sw4me got a huge 300g tank. hmm.....is this a coincidence...bo
if this isnt sw4me and you really have a 125, miniatus groupers are imo the most agressive of the grouers.

goofieones

Hey for more evidence look in the aquarium, post goodbye, someone stated that the properties of the homepage under the profiles of both of them are the same. Now that is pretty interesting.

frankb

I have an undulated in 90 gallon with a clown, picasso, niger and eel. I was throroughly chastized for this set up by the board because it is overcrowded. I am moving to a 150 gallon and getting rid of the undulated this week at the advice of the board. The tank and this group have been together for almost 3 years. I keep them fairly well fed and they seem to get along and thrive. The undulated does chase the smallest of the triggers around quite a bit so I am goint to bring him to my local pet store.

saltwaterfish.com

Administrator
Staff member
Your hunches were right, it is the same person....Saltwater4me. Now it is time for him or her to say goodbye. But since he is now banned we'll say it for him. BYE BYE! AND GOOD RIDDINS!

chubby trigger

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE UNDULATED YOURE GOING TO HAVE TROUBLE WITH MOST OTHER AGG. FISH. HOWEVER, I SUCCESSFULLY ADDED A BLUE SPOTTED PUFFER FOLLOWED BY A BLACK VOLITION LION ALL IN A 40G, NOW FOR ALLOF YOU ANIMAL RIGHT PEOPLE , DONT WORRY ITS ONLY TEMPORARY, I HAVE A 175 SETUP WAITING FOR ME.
ITS ALL ABOUT TRIAL AND ERROR AND THE PERSONALITY OF THE SPECIFIC FISH YOU ARE DALING WITH. YES UNDUALATED TRIGGERS ARE THE MOST AGGRESSIVE FISH YOU CAN BUY BUT WHEN INTRODUCED TO TANKMATES AS A VERY YOUNG JUVENILE THE CHANCES OF COMPATIBILITY GREATLY INCREASE