unidentified objects / remedy?

mobikobeyob

For quite a while i have had these little @ shaped things on some of my liverock. This was okay. Now i am cleaning them off my glass twice a week. This is not okay. What are they? and how do I get rid of these buggers? Thank you, Mobi :D

mobikobeyob

Yeah i think they may be foraminiferan they look identical. what type of fish eats them?
no red fans on em though texas-rr. i have way too many they are becoming a nusiance do you think a stronger current would help? just taking a stab...mobi
:D

jakob4001

personally I think it is really cool when ANYTHING reproduces in the reef tank so long as does not harm anything else & looks good;
hey fshhub.... GREAT LINK showed me just about everything unidentified in the reef tank; darn thought those red bracket things were some kind of coral though

fshhub

my scooter blenny went bonkers for them, as did our firefish and chromi, and i think the benggai had some too, after we scraped tehm off the tank, and they were floating, we had a WILD FRENY GOING ON
HTH
oh, and when tehy started to become visible again, the scooter actually went up the glass after tehm, he almost never leaves the bottom(always on the sand or rock), because they have no swim bladder
HTH