Unknown

zimonie

Hey got a question. I have a maroon clown. He is the only one in the tank right now, but behind his left eye it is turning alitlte whit kinda like a sore. He is brushing himself up against one of my soft coral. And i notice a small whit speck on him up by his dorcile fin. I dont knnow for sure if its ick or not. I am just confused about the discoloration behind his eye. I tried to get some pics of him but to no avail. He is eating fine and swimming around. My water parimiters, Nitrite .05, Nitrate 5-25, PH 8.0, Alk 1.8, Salt 1.025, Amm 0, Water temp 80

2batrigger

Originally Posted by Zimonie
Hey got a question. I have a maroon clown. He is the only one in the tank right now, but behind his left eye it is turning alitlte whit kinda like a sore. He is brushing himself up against one of my soft coral. And i notice a small whit speck on him up by his dorcile fin. I dont knnow for sure if its ick or not. I am just confused about the discoloration behind his eye. I tried to get some pics of him but to no avail. He is eating fine and swimming around. My water parimiters, Nitrite .05, Nitrate 5-25, PH 8.0, Alk 1.8, Salt 1.025, Amm 0, Water temp 80
I would wait a little to see what is is or take a 5 gallon tank and fill it with mostly water from display and get the instant ocean lifeguard med. it would be half tablet for 5 gals. the white pill goes in the floating life preserve net thing. do it for 5 days and what every it is this stuff cures it. It works great!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Why do you have ammonia and nitrite, is this a new tank? What you may be seeing is something related to stress due to the poor water quality of your system.

zimonie

well when all the fish died i waited a while to add fish incase that it was a periste (or the sea apple did it) and ever since then my tank parimiters keep flucuating tank has been set up for 7 months now and amm is at 0

zimonie

it is starting to look like Brooklynella i am going to wait till tomm and am still trying to get some pics up.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by Zimonie
it is starting to look like Brooklynella i am going to wait till tomm and am still trying to get some pics up.
Honesty is very helpfull. How long have you had the clown? How old is your system? If your clown has brook then you better buy some formalin mighty quick. Brook kills fast. Didn't I tell you not to stock your tank yet????? You don't even know what the others died from!

zimonie

I came 2 the conclusion that it was the sea apple, and after i did the water changes i had an engineer goby in there and he is doing great so that took out the idea of parisites, so that is when i decided to add the clown. Tank has been up for 7 months. And clown has been in about 5 days. It just started to show up. Goby is still perfectly fine eating and no bad signs.