unlimited funding.. best lights for a 72 bow?

ckehl

well.. turns out im not going to be paying for my new lights after all..
so this opens a whole new world.
ive got a 72 bowfront, and would like to be able to keep anything and everything.
my tank dimensions are 48Lx18Hx12W
currently ive got 2 110 VHOs, but since unlimited money, ill give them to my friend who is just starting..

ckehl

the only problem with the complete housing setups is they are larger than 12inches wide..
my width is 12 at the smallest and 16 at the farthest point of the bowfront

jumpfrog

MH pendants would be an option if you can hang them from the ceiling or wall brackets.
I would opt for 250s due to the depth of your tank.
How does one have unlimited funding :notsure:

ckehl

my mother has decided she'll pay for it as long as she can pick out cool "rocks" meaning corals

littlebuck

i just got my lights and the reflectors are 13x16 and they fit in my canopy. You can also cut them to fit.

ckehl

buck i sent you an email.. im confused on what you mean by the reflector part.. can you send pics to clarify

ckehl

tizzo do you know any specific information about the aquamedics?
i was looking into the Oceanlight T5 Combo 48” 2x250 HQI * + 2x54W Black / Silver, but i cannot find the dimensions, or a dealer near me..

rubberduck

does your mom knows you will probably be spending about at least 400-600$$ for lighting...my mom would probably expect that out of lighting. Dont tell her that i payed 600for mine :hilarious
probably let her know the cost and see if shes up for it and what the "limit is" then go as high as you can.

littlebuck

i got mine for under 400 shipped. But yes you will spend around 400 for them. SO hope she knows LOL My mom thinks im crazy and so does my wife

ckehl

yeah at first i told her i was gonna spend around 800 of my own money and then after awhile she was like, well ill just pay for it.. you need to save for college.

rubberduck

Originally Posted by reefiness
id go with 2 250watt DE 14k along with the 2 vho as actinics

:thinking: yep thats sounds perfect :thinking:

dadummy

how about talking your mom into adopting me, she could put cool rocks in my tank too!!
i'm housebroken and don't eat much
good luck with your lights

reefiness

Originally Posted by dadummy
how about talking your mom into adopting me, she could put cool rocks in my tank too!!
i'm housebroken and don't eat much
good luck with your lights
lol
:hilarious