Up and running!!!

aandersen

Ok, my 55 is up and running, I moved everything from my 20 gal to my 55, I only had about 20lbs LS and 10lbs LR, still a little cloudy but not bad, my question is, should I cycle again, since everything in my 20 was cycled, or should I just let it sit for a couple weeks and if my parameters are ok then add my first fish
Thanks for all the help in this process

flydan

Hey,
Ooops. Just noticed there was a question hidden in there. That's what happens when I skim through threads so fast.
Anyway, you basically did a HUGE water change and I would let things settle down for a couple weeks. Patients is always the key! Your pH is probably not stable and IMO that is one of the most critical items in a successful swf dt.
HTH,
Dan'l

aandersen

Who knows, at the rate I'm going, my 20 just finished cycling and I already moved to something bigger right after the cycle...I'll probably wait a couple years

nflnutswif

Just a response to the upgrading tank size. Mine is actually a 47 not 50, I just rounded. But my husband now is looking at a 110 that someone is putting together for us. Dilema is. . . 2 more texan season tickets or fish tank???????:thinking:

pacopetty

I don't see any reason to start another cycle. Just let it settle for a couple weeks and you should be good to go. You can start putting some more LR in while it is settling.