Up in the air...

boom215

..... about what to do. My landlord busted me on my 75g tank and told me it was against my lease, and it is. Now she didnt tell mei had to get rid of it but she said i could only have a tank of 30 or less, dont know why? So i was thinking maybe a nano because i LOVE my tank. its a 75g with 50lbs LR a yellow tang, clown and a damsel. I love watching them swim and come to the top when they see me some over with food. And i like the comments i get on it when i have company because i have it so you see it right when you come in. Soooooo..... i was thinking maybe a nano or like 20ish tank with maybe two fish max and some coral. only thing is i have never done coral. Think i should scrap it and wait till i get a house(no clue when) or get my fix with a nano and still hold on to my 75g for when i move out. i know its long but thanks for your replies in advance. Dave

sugarfox03

Wow...I have NEVER heard of a Landlord bust someone over a fish tank! I do pit bull rescue so I am constantly getting calls/emails from people who get busted with them, almost understandable, still stupid. I would hang on to the tank and all for when you move out (if you have the space), that stuff aint cheap! Whether you get a nano is up to you. I cant imagine not having a saltie tank now, I love 'em! I have a 24 gal AquaPod and I will be setting up a 29 gal tank this weekend. You can always do something like that, and just keep the fish and soft corals, not too difficult. You can keep the clown and the damsel, but the tang wont be happy in a small tank. Sorry about the situation though, that sucks!
-Melody

boom215

well i am on the third floor so if it broke ( knocking on wood ) or leaked and i wasnt home, that is alot of water on the floor and it can only go down two floors.

drewsta

mmm how about 3, 29Gallon tanks
and then connect them with water bridges for your tang to swim around..

pclown

I have the Aquapod 24g and I love it. The live rock will fit but you will need to get rid of the yellow tang. They dont last long in a 24g tank.