Up North Hermit Moves SOUTH!!

Wasn't quite finished with my message there, don't know what that's about....
Hey hey Beth! I'm movin' to Florida!
Love to make some Floridian Reefer friends :)
Down South Hermit (aka: Up North Hermit)
Barbie

Good luck with your move! What prompted you to do it? I like to visit Florida every now and then (I have family there), but it is too hot for me to be there all the time. My horses would hate that hot humid weather! :eek:

We are basically alone up here in the boonies. Our entire family is in Florida, My Mom, my brother, our daughter and our two precious grandchildren.
I used to fly to Florida about 4 times a year, but now I can't bring myself close to an airplane--fraidy cat:eek:
I dive and snorkel and am quite active. These 8 months of winter here have become just too much. Four days ago we had a ice storm, followed by 10 inches of heavy wet snow. Normal for here.
No more shoveling the roof 3-4 times a season, no more salt that eats your car, no more slipping and falling on the ice, and a million other reasons!
I'll take heat and family!:)
Barbie

sammystingray

Jackief1, you are nuts...Panama city beach is beautiful. I got burnt to a crisp crashed out on the white sand when I was there. I have tossed around the idea of pulling some lime green pants up to my chest, and moving to Florida for years.:D :)

hkgar

What part of FL are you moving to? I am in SW Fort Myers area.
Originally from Michigan.
Biggest problem I had was last Christmas - our first in FL. Had to figure out how to string the outdoor Christmas lights so that I wouldn't hit the cords with the lawnmower:)
Small problem to trade for no shoveling.

foulbrew

It's a shame you have to move. The Boulder Junction area is beautiful and you won't find nicer people anywhere (can you tell I'm from Wisconsin).
FWIW - you'll need to learn a new dialect. Suprisingly, the Packers are not the main topic of conversation outside of Wisconsin (I know, it was a shock to me too). You'll also be needing a new wardrobe, blaze orange is not as popuplar as you would think. Oh, and the food... well, let's just say you'll probably be making trips back just for something good to eat.
Fortunately for you, due to the large number of emigrants to Florida, you may be able to find a good ethnic Wisconsin restaurant down there. Just a warning, it doesn't taste the same unless theres a foot and a half of snow on the ground.
Goodluck.

broomer5

Good luck with the move, soon to be Down South Hermit !!
What are your tank plans :)
Move'm or start over ??

broomer5, I have sold absolutely everything. All livestock and corals went to a reefer in Superior, a good reefer and a good home. The thoughts alone of trying to move everything wacked me out!
I get to start over!!:eek: Think of the possibilities..............
Jackief1, sounds like Wisconsin to me!! We have the same tourists and overpricing and LOW wages. And just subsitute snowmobilers and ATV'ers for the spring breakers. And substitute the "summer people" for snow birds and we are an even split. And forget it if you aren't a Packer fan:rolleyes: (Which, sorry foulbrew, we are not.)
We were to retire here. Moved here 10 years ago from our homeland of San Francisco. Sorry again foulbrew, but we haven't had a decent meal since we left SF. Back to the sunshine for us. We'll never be able to shovel and carry wood, etc.. in our old age.:)
Geezzzz, I feel like I'm not making any friends here at all, just alienating people!:( jk
Barbie
ps: We are moving to the Gulf Coast, about an hour north of Tampa.