UPDATE: 120 Gallon Perfecto

mmslue79

Well I convinced my Mom to put some money down on the 120 XH Perfecto. I thought it would be best to put it on "layaway". Since I will not start doing anything to it for some time now. The 20 year warranty is if you buy a perfecto stand ($199).
A. Is this a good price?
B. Without stand only 90 Day warranty, would you risk it and go with another stand?
The stand looks to me like the best non-hand made stand I have seen. But I really want to have my handy-man build me a custom stand.
What would you do?
Cool specs on the 120: 60W 18D 26H
Thanks

viper12775

i dont like perfecto stands when i got my bowfront i went with an all glass stand if i was you i would build a custom stand that way you can have it just the way you want it but thats just my opinon

surfnturf

I agree with Viper, build your own stand, then you get what you want. As far as the warrantee goes, if they thought it would fail, they wouldn't warrantee it. I've never seen a tank flat out fail (without a good deal of force that is), if you get a leak, it's easy to fix, no worries. As long as the stand evenly supports the tank and is pretty close to level, you'll never have a problem.