update of my 100G, color intense pics!!!

dea bad lt

Hey murph I started with a one square inch piece of red cap monti and in about six months it's grown to around 6 square inches.

murph145

hey thanks for the compliments everyone! sorry it took me a while to respond i just got back from Maui!
as for equipments heres kinda a run down of the tank
100G with a "plenum" bottom its is bottom drilled and water flows throught the substrate through mesh and egg crate to my 2 fluval 404's under the tank
i run chemi-pure carbon and phosphate removers at all times.... i clean them every 2 weeks to make sure no detrius builds up
i have a HOB skimmer prizm deluxe which is so so wouldnt recomend one to anyone else
i also have a in line aqua via 1/3hp chiller and a uv filter
i have 150lbs of LR
a couple different power head such as a SEIO 1500 a RIO hyper flow10 and a few other ones but all in all its around 25-30X's turnover in the tank
as for lighting i have 2-250W Helios HQI 20K DE bulbs and PFO ballast and pendants along with another 180W of 10K PC lighting they run on timers for 7 hours... i also have 2 LED moonlights
i dont know what else to really say about the tank
i have a new one on the way should be here in a week a 180G Lee Mar euro style flat polished tank im guna make it with no powerheads and looks very nice
some one asked about the colt coral in the 2nd and 4th pics thats what it is and they can adapt to various conditions from lower lighting to high lighting and from low to moderate flow they are very hardy and grow like weeds! when i get my new tank im making mine into 4 pieces and trading some of the frags thats arent really frags cuz they are big in them selves!

murph145

lol my benjamins are a lil less to be seen now that i went to Maui but i figured i needed a new bigger and better tank with all the stuff to make it work right means less maintenance and better more stable water conditions :joy:
im guna be takin pics as it comes together from the tank to building the stand and canopy to the plumming for the ocean motions four way and hooking up the calcium reactor all that kind of stuff
then at the end my benjamins will be all gone lol