Update of the 90 Gallon

kronnk7

Well, I fragged about 4 shrooms and made 3 frags of the gsp today.
The shrooms look like they are already coming back into a circle.
The gsp still isn't opening up yet but I'm not to worried because when I got it it took a day to open then. The gsp was very easy to frag.
The mushrooms were kinda gross and slimmy. But all in all I think my first frag section went good. I'll keep you guys posted. :hilarious

kronnk7

Do you guys have any ideas on how I can catch a damsel? He's getting a little bigger now and he's getting a little to mean with the clown, LMB, and my jawfish. The jawfish is just starting to come out from under his rock and the damsel runs him back under it. I would like to get him out so it'll be a nicer tank for the clowns and the others. Any suggestion will be a help.

j-spot

Instead of moving all the rock around or out, just get some tubs and drain the tank down to where the fish has limited places to hide. Works great and won't hurt your rock or livestock if you can do it quick. I've done this to my reef tank. Drained down to a few inches above substrate and nabbed the little b*****d.

kronnk7

I have a question about my lights. My bulbs say T-12 on them, what does that mean are they different from normal T-5's or are they the same? I have three 110 watts, they are all coralife bulbs. They are VHO 50/50, 6,500k trichromatic (100% super-daylight), and VHO 10,000k.

fishieness

Originally Posted by kronnk7
I have a question about my lights. My bulbs say T-12 on them, what does that mean are they different from normal T-5's or are they the same? I have three 110 watts, they are all coralife bulbs. They are VHO 50/50, 6,500k trichromatic (100% super-daylight), and VHO 10,000k.
yes, they are different than t5s. the number after the 5 indicates the diameter of the bul. ex: t5s are very skinny, while t12s are very fat. and t8s, which are standard normal output florecent, are in themiddle. VHO is very good ligthing, form what i ahve seen, not up to PAR with T5 or MH, but it is definatly a lot better than PC.
you will be able to keep many types of corals.