update on 210

S

spsaddict

well i havent been around much and there isnt a whole lot to say... the 210 has taken a back seat since i have my first child due in april, so basically i have just been slowly accumulating what the fiancee refers to as "junk". the tank and stand sit in the corner of the laundry room, while 3 250w de mh and ballasts, along with 2 euro reefs patrol the empty 80 gal sump.... its so depressing just seeing it sit there with no action, but i also know that this child needs these funds more than my tank... as long as everything goes to plan were looking at a june/july set up date. still 5 months away but ive actually enjoyed all the learning i have done.. when i first got this tank i just poured into it and was rushing to get everything and this upcoming child has really slowed me down... which is a blessing in disquise. i have reaserched and reaserched and reaserched.... i still have a fw pieces to pick up... and 1 last decision to make... weather to go with tunze or oceanmotions..
just cant make up my mind... personal prefrance i guess..
i have also decided that this is not going to be a sps tank. as much as i want it to be i have decided a lps tank mixed with a few select softies can be a beautiful addition to any household. ill be saving a few bucks on equipment and the baby will thank me for not having to recycle any diapers
all jokng aside... i just wanted to drop in and say hey.. let everyone know whats going on with the tank... wishing you all a happy and prosperous new year. see yas

phreakemup

Good to see everything's ok man.. Congrats on the new kid, things must be keeping ya real busy!!! I hear that one man!
Dont forget, if u got w/ the Ocean Motions, then u will be doing a closed loop (correct?) and in which case, it's one more thing u need to do (pump and holes, and plumbing) If u go w/ the tunze's then u can just drop them in, unless u wanna do a controller w/ them? Still easier than drilling and doing a closed loop!!
Hey, buy the way, what kinda pump are u going to use to return the sump to the tank?? I hear mag's are very reliable, but u got urself a lot of water there!
Good luck w/ everything, especially the upcoming baby!:D
Chad