update on Clown Trigger with clouded eye

perchpsk

Well, i took the advice of the board and set up a 10 gallon QT. i used 1/2 tank water and 1/2 new water. i upped the temp to about 82 degrees and lowered the salinity to 1.10 I am dosing the QT furazone green and tetracycline. the trigger has been a bit more active and i have gotten him to eat off a of a feeder stick but his eyes are still clouded and he bumps into things. Any suggestions of how long to dose or what else to do? I have had the QT setup for 2 days and have since done a major water change to the display tank.. all other fish are just fine.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't increase the temp, but since you have, be sure to aerate the surface water very well.
How long did it take you to get down to 1.010? In hyposalinity, it is best to lower the specific gravity to 1.009 gradually over a 48 hr period.

perchpsk

i'm sure im not under dosing, it may be the wrong medication however... we all determined clouded eye to be some sort of a bacterial intection and i have dosed with 3 different medication that fight bacterial infections.. i dunno, maybe i should try copper or something. this morning is about day 7 of the battle and he looks the worst yet. breathing very heavily and lying on its side... i'd be surprised if it lived through the night.

tvan1

I used Eye Fungex and had very good luck on my fish. It took about 1-2 dosage to start seeing the result. The tricky part is how to put the drops on the eyes.
Timmy