Update to 20g high nano in the works

miamireefr

Update to my NANO
Well just wantted to show some goodies I got for the nano...
And I also finally got it drilled in the corner with a glass diagonally placed in the corner for my internal overflow build... will update with pics on that for tomrrow.
Ended up getting a coralife ss 65 and an aqualight pro w/150 10k hqi which i will be replacing with a 14k phoenix bulb. Well almost there on getting it going...

jambo

Just wondering how you're setting up your filtration. I've got a spare 20H and I'd like to get the back drilled and move everything over with the idea of setting up a sump.In it I want a wet/dry, my CSS skimmer, and some bagged/foam filtration. I'm kinda wary, though, because I haven't seen a nano sump setup I can really get jealous of yet.
Tanks,
Jam

miamireefr

Well since I am aiming to have a few frag pieces of sps along with many ricordias in the tank I am seeting my filtration as follows.
dt=20h
filtration: 10g walmart tank converted to sump/fuge, 1st chamber I hvae water drain of course, heater, and a coralife ss65 hanging off the side then flowing into second chamber which will have a dsb, a couple good chunks of live rock, and chaeto, then flow to the 3rd chamber to return where I might add crabon at times to polish the water in a filter sock and use my return pump(mag3) to circulate flow back up to the dt.
I had my display tank drilled in the bottom left corner to house a 1" bulkhead and I have a glass wall silcone diagonally in the corner to skim the water into my overflow which should be sufficient to flow about 500-600 gph which is more than enough. I will update a new thread to show my internal overflow. It took a small portion of space but damn it looks 10x cleaner than having a bulky overflow/siphon going through the back.

clee521

Do you have any temperature problems with this setup? I also have an AGA 20 high and I just purchased the same lights online last night.. Aqualight Pro 150w 10k MH + 2x65w PC actinic, correct? Also, how tall are those mounting legs? Did you have any problems getting the legs to fit correctly?
Looks good though! I should have had mine drilled first too.. :thinking:

miamireefr

none...well don't know about temp problems because it is almost setup...i have had lots to do and i am also upgrading parts in my 90 to make it a non issue with the biolad i want. i should have it running by the end of this week pending no issues popping out of the blue in my life..i will update when i am setup and going.
Nick

jake15

most tanks have a tempered glass bottom. So i would be careful if you are drilling the bottom for the standpipe.

miamireefr

Anything that is aga can be drilled to about 40 gallons roughly ..i know for sure a 40 breeder can be drilled. So no they are not tempered.....tempered bottoms start from about 55 gallons and up...
Nick