Updated 5 month pics BC29

snaredrum

Looks great! I have to know. I see that you and done a little work on your stock discharge and added a powerhead. How has this worked for you? I'm getting a little diatoms in the front left coroner and its because of low flow in the coroner. I have a leather sitting there and its cutting down on the flow there also. What size is that powwehead? Thanks and again the tank looks wonderful.

spanko

I did mod the stock output with some loc-line to have two different areas of flow. Along with that I replaced the stock pump (240 gal. per hour) with a Rio 6hf (350 gal. per hour).
The powerhead is an AquarClear 30 rated at 175 gals per hour. Works well and does not cause any sand storm activity. It is rated at 8 watts power consumption which is why I chose it in the first place. I already have the Rio, a Sapphire Aquatics skimmer, and this Aquaclear and am worried about heat buildup. No problems here in Michigan yet but I do plan on getting the Nanotuners 4.36 lighting upgrade which is supposed to drop temps from 3-4 degress because of the updated reflector technology and upgraded fans.
Thank you everyone for the compliments.

spanko

Thank you all. I have made some additions lately and will post new pics.
Isn't this a great addiction???????????

spanko

here are some pics with new rock and a group of candy cane added.
From right front

From left front

spanko

Am running stock lighting 2x36 (72 watts) but am getting the nanotuners 4x36 (144 watts with a total of 3 50/50 and one actinic)for father's day.
If not I am buying it for myself.

royal gang

I meen the "K's" whatever theyre lol, like mines are 10,000 (which look horrible IMO) I wanted something kind of like what you have.

spanko

mine are 10,000 k 50/50 daylight/actinic. There are currently 2 of them. With the upgrade I am going to do I will have 3 of them plus 1 actinic only. The actinics give the blue tint to the light. so my overall light during the day will have a little more blue to them bringing out the color in the coral more and giving them more of the natural light they get in the wild. the water actullay filters out some of the red and lets more blue get through in the wild.

Nice Tank!

I also have the 29BC. Could I see a pic of your skimmer, where did you put it? I know I need one, but I'm not sure how to put it in and if it will fit(I guess the first chamber).