Updated Pictures of OceanLover's 90 Gallon

oceanlover

I posted picture on May 28, 2007 when I first set-up my aquarium. I guess its time for a few updated pictures.
The first picture is a full tank shot (and yes I know I should have turned off the flash- hindsight is 20 20).
The next shot is the crowded condo. My favorite fish is my Midas Blenny. She is sticking her head out of her cave watching the world go by. At the top is the red hawkfish (he ate my beloved cleaner shrimp but he is fun to watch). In the middle is one of my two yellow-tailed blue damsels. Both are friendly fish. At the bottom is a very blurred picture of a clown.

oceanlover

The next picture shows a clown, a striped blenny, and my madarin hanging together looking out the corner of the tank watching for the arrival of food.
The second picture is my BEAST emerald crab. He is at least 2 inches across.
The next picture is my favorite ricordia. I think it is a beautiful color and is so healthy. I bought it from FLRicordia! (Thanks Mike!) My hot pink anemone is in the background.

oceanlover

A picture of my dendrophylia. It started as one and now is two polyps after 3 months.
Some of my zoas. I love zoas but please don't ask their names as I have forgotten their names (if I ever knew).
Some of my mushrooms- these are blues and greens. I also have some red ones.
Here is my little purple clam who I have had for almost a year. There is a rock with some of my ricordia. I have LOTS of ricordia because I love it. And here is one of my three anemones who the clown fish try to "love to death."
Last is a picture of my red-streaked blenny. He is a vegan. He used to be very shy but now lovess to be the center of attention. My white anemone is in the background.
I have just started reading Maxalmon's excellent post on photography and hope to improve my photography skills.

gatorwpb

nice tank.
I really like that blenny. Never seen one like that before. might have to find one somewhere.

anonome

That blenny is awesome!!! Does he act like a lawnmower, or just hang around like a clown? Interesting coloration.

flricordia

I have to agree. That tank is sweet and especially that blenny. You pple make me sick. Wish I could keep some nice fish too.

oceanlover

The formal name of this fish is Cirripectes Stigmaticus. It is known as a Red-Streaked Blenny or sometimes a Red-Streaked Eyelash Blenny. It is in the eyelash and comb-toothed blenny family and is an herbivore.
They live in coastal reef flats and seldom are seen deeper than 15 feet.
They lay adhesive eggs.
Although they are not a common blenny to see, I have seen a few for sale through the years. They tend to be more expensive than some of the more common blennies. I bought mine at a high-end store and he ran $85! And there were people lined up behind me wanting to buy him too, even at that price. (I try to get the the LFS store when I know they have shipments coming in. And since I buy my supplies there, and most of my fish, they will alert me before a shipment comes in if they think it is something I'd like.)
He is a very interesting fish, as I think most blennies are very personable.