Upgrade or not?

oceanic110

Hello,
Currently have a 110 gallon Oceanic tank. This tank was orginially purchased for fresh water use many years ago, therefore it is not reef ready. Over time we switched to saltwater and has been a saltwater tank for about 8 years. Currently the tank is equipted with a trickle filter with a siphon box. I am now considering purchasing a 125 All Glass tank that is reef ready.
Any opinions on the upgrade?

hot883

Bigger is always better IMO. I would go 300 or atleast 210 if possible. I went from a 55 to a 125 and am wanting to upgrade again. Ha!

salty2275

I had an old 75 gal Oceanic tank that wasn't reef ready...tons of problems with algae and nitrates. I don't have room for any more tank than that so I had the back drilled. That made it possible to add a 30 gal sump and a 29 gal fuge. It's a great reef tank now and it wasn't that expensive to have it drilled.

rbrockm1

go little bit bigger like 180. 15 gallons is ont that much of a diff with that big of a tank. but it all comes down to you. What ever you do enjoy it and have fun.

acrylic51

Going to a RR would make things easier, I would suggest go as big as you can afford, but also think about the added expense for new equipment for what can't be carried over from the other setup.......I'm not a fan of the AGA mega flow setups though......Overflow kits are junky IMO.....If you decide to go AGA don't buy the overflow kits, build your own durso pipes and get rid of the junk bulkheads AGA uses.......HTH