Upgrading

rainmaker6

I currently have a 33g FOWLR and I plan to upgrade to a 55g over the weekend but a couple of questions first. I currently have a Green spotted puffer, a 3 stripe damsel, and a bi-color blenny in the tank with one unknown snail. There is about 25 pounds of live rock and only enough crushed coral to barely cover the bottom. Can I just transfer everything over, including water, and add top-off water or could I get a mini cycle by disturbing stuff?
I also am battling a hair algae outbreak and if I scrub everything off really well while transferring them could this help get rid of the stuff? Water parameters are ammonia-0, nitrite-0, phosphates-0, nitrates-10. My current 36" power-glo lights, (2) are about a year old and will be replaced with new bulbs. I have had the tank running for about 2 years and am using tapwater, Ya, I know, and the hair algae is the only problem to develop except for BGA when the tank was young.
Immediate plans are: 1. Get rid of the damned damsel, add some hermit crabs, and let the tank settle for a month before adding some snails and possibly a Lawnmower blenny. Live sand is not an option at the present moment but I intend to add about a 1 1/2" layer of carribsea sand when I get a bit more money, probably in a month from now. I have a CSS65 and a Saunders airstone skimmer (rated at 30 gallon) that I will be running on the 55. Any advice and tips greatly appreciated.

sly

Since you are using a shallow crushed coral substrate you will not cause a cycle by moving things over to another tank... However that does not mean that you won't have a cycle... I know that sounds contradictory but gimmie a sec...
What kind of filter system are you using in the 55 gal? If it has any type of wet/dry filter then it will need time to mature before you move everything over. Your substrate and you LR are already cured in your smaller tank and so I would not move them over until you get your 55 cycled. You will probably not have a very long cycle time in the 55 because all you need to do is to get the aerobic part of the cycle going. In other words you need to establish your bacteria colony which consumes the ammonia and nitrite from your tank. The LR will handle the anaerobic part which will remove nitrate... So let your 55 gal cycle first, do a water change to remove all ammonia and then transfer everything over.
Get a clean up crew ASAP. In my experience you will never get the algae to go away without it and the longer you wait, the worse your water quality will get due to the excess algae.