Urban legends, myths... true or false?

earlybird

Originally Posted by shogun323
This may not be a myth per say but have you ever watched the wizard of Oz synced up with dark side of the moon? You queue the cd to start right when the MGM lion roars for the 3rd time. It's crazy how the music lines up with the movie!!! Coincidence?
Reminds me of college. Crazy how it works. Chills.

S

smartorl

There is a place here that is like that, it is called "Spook Hill", literally, if you put your car in neutral you will roll what appears to be uphill. You really have to pay attention to notice it but you do roll. I have heard it speculated that what appears to be uphill is in reality, downhill but I don't see how. Supposedly, it is the ghost of a nasty citrus farmer that pushes you as he wants you off of his property.

f14peter

Originally Posted by smartorl
There is a place here that is like that, it is called "Spook Hill", literally, if you put your car in neutral you will roll what appears to be uphill. You really have to pay attention to notice it but you do roll. I have heard it speculated that what appears to be uphill is in reality, downhill but I don't see how. Supposedly, it is the ghost of a nasty citrus farmer that pushes you as he wants you off of his property.
On State Highway 20 east of Grass Valley California, if you're westbound just a bit from Interstate-80 there's a creek by the side of the road that looks like it's running uphill. Simply an optical illusion due to the angle of the road and trees.
Ever been in one of those drive-through car washes where you park and let the machine wash your car? ... all external reference is gone and sometimes the car can feel like it's moving when you see the brushes, sprayers, etc moving past.

agent-x

This may not be a myth per say but have you ever watched the wizard of Oz synced up with dark side of the moon? You queue the cd to start right when the MGM lion roars for the 3rd time. It's crazy how the music lines up with the movie!!! Coincidence?
someone smoke the reefer in school.

reefreak29

lol its been years since ive done that , have to try it again for old times sake