Urchins and aggressive fish?????????????

805puffer

Hi, i wanted to know if sea urchins could go with 1 porcupine puffer, 1 dogface puffer, 1 soapfish, 1 choclate chip starfish, and 1 yellow head moray eel. Also can you guys give me some advice on a cleanup crew. Thanks

ledzep fan

i would say no to the urchin cause your puffer would eat him. Puffers will eat mostly any invert in your tank.

walleye

i have a urchin in with a 6 strip puffer and a dog face. they have been together for over a year,

805puffer

What type of urchin is it? i was thinking that the urchin would not get eaten because the starfish in my tank has not gotten biiten or anything yet, and i've had him for a good 6 months. I was think about the pencil urchin, if it doesn't work out in my aggressive tank, then i'll put the urchin in my reef tank.

ophiura

Well, it is hit or miss. They may or may not be interested...but previous experience means nothing, IMO. Any given day things might change. Personally I would consider the seastar to be at greater risk overall. But things could change. Note that pencil urchins should not, IMO, be considered reef safe.