Urgent! 45g Reef SE Michigan

sammyg

I have a 45g tall reef tank, but have been increasingly unable to put the required time into it as I am a grad student in biochem. Today, I had a plumbing mishap that would have flooded my house had I not been here, and I've decided that this was a sign that I should get out of the hobby until I have the time my fish and corals deserve. I'm planning on selling my live stuff to the LFS here in Ann Arbor, but if someone is willing to pick up stuff from me, I'd much rather sell directly to a hobbyist. I'll take whatever you're offering; I just want them to go to a good home. Ann Arbor is in southeast Michigan, ~45 min west of Detroit and ~1 hour north of Toledo.
Corals:
HUGE green star polyp colony (completely covering ~ a square foot of rock space)
2 large torches
Frogspawn
multiple xenia
green ricordia (6-7)
small calustrea
med. leather
Fish:
B&W Clown
Yellow watchman goby
Coral beauty
6 line wrasse
Misc:
Bunch of turbos, nassarius, 2 emerald crabs, ~40 lbs live rock
Lighting:
4x95watt VHO from hellolights
Skimmer: Prism hanging on sump
Stand: Oak with matching full hood
The tank itself was set up with a hang-on overflow and a sump/refugium below in the stand.
As for the sump/refugium with a return pump, the plumbing for the return is what was giving me problems, so I don't think anyone wants anything to do with that.
I also have lots of test kits for pH, calcium, Nitrates/ites, etc, refractometer. Anthing you want, just ask, and I might well have it.
If you're interested, get back to me FAST!, because like I said, the set up is broken so I need to get my livestock to a good home soon.
Phone: 734-846-3107
Email: sgattisATumich.edu
THANKS!
Sam

gen1dustin

Hmmm, the lights could you tell me more about them brand, etc. What price do you want for them & if possible a shipping quote to Baton Rouge, LA 70809. Thanks alot.

sammyg

UPDATE:
All the live stuff is gone, thanks for asking.
The tank, hang-on overflow and stand have an interested buyer, but I haven't actually sold them yet. If it falls through, I'll post it. I'd be willing to ship anything - just send me an email and we can talk about it.
The test kits are all partially used, but still have at least 2/3 left, so if you're still interested I'm perfectly willing to ship. I have pH, Ca, Alk, Ammonia, Nitrates, Nitrites (all salifert). I'd sell them all for $30 or best offer. Shipping to NJ would be $8.50
sgattis@umich.edu

gen1dustin

Originally Posted by SammyG
UPDATE:
All the live stuff is gone, thanks for asking.
The tank, hang-on overflow and stand have an interested buyer, but I haven't actually sold them yet. If it falls through, I'll post it. I'd be willing to ship anything - just send me an email and we can talk about it.
The test kits are all partially used, but still have at least 2/3 left, so if you're still interested I'm perfectly willing to ship. I have pH, Ca, Alk, Ammonia, Nitrates, Nitrites (all salifert). I'd sell them all for $30 or best offer. Shipping to NJ would be $8.50
sgattis@umich.edu
What about the light?? :notsure:

sammyg

Sorry, lights are also part of the "think they're sold, but they're still here and I don't have the money yet". It's looking like the sale isn't going to work out, so I was thinking of the whole package (lights/tank/stand/canopy/overflow) for $350. If you're interested, I'd prefer a pick-up.
There's also ~30 lbs live rock and a few rogue snails, some GSP and a couple of mushrooms that were too small to sell off. There's still water in the tank with powerheads going, but the sump is out. If you're picking up, you could get that with the package as well.
sgattis@umich.edu
Thanks!

jacksdad

I am interested. I sent you an e mail or two earlier and still haven't cleared it with the boss yet! I will be in touch tomorrow.
bob

sammyg

I ended up selling most everything as a package deal, so thanks for all the inquiries, but everything that's worth anything is gone.
I'll try to email everyone who's emailed me personally, but if I don't, I apologize and thank you for offers!
Sam

umichaqua

I know this is probably late, but I was inquiring about the live rock because I go to Umich and this would work out great.