Urgent: A killer blue leg?

zack schwartz

ok well I have had 3 fish dissper in my reef over the last3 monthes. I went to lfs and told me to watch tank at night for a rock crab. I am and I see this humgens blue leg crab. Could that be the killer? whats a rock crab? I got the blue leg in a cup! The fish were bandi cardinals. See theem one day gone the next! Everything else is fine!

frankl15207

Not a direct answer to your question, but a possibility. My LFS got in some hermits that were supposed to be blue legs. They wiped out several inhabitants in his shrimp / snail tank.
On closer look, they had blue on their legs, but with a lot more brown than blue. Could it be the same crab that he had a problem with?

susiepan

I got rid of my blue and red legs, they ate my fish, and my corals...I even fed then seperately, but they still munched at night..
I had a "Rock=Shore" crab I got as a hitch hicker on some rock i bought, and all he did was eat my chili coral,he grew very fast, he went back to the same place I bought the rock from. some people have no problems with the blue/or red legs...some do..
~Susie ;)