Urgent ID needed

Well tonight I was watching my tank and saw what looked like a little white worm, that kept squiggling all around. It was I would say about 3-4 cm's long. Also the other day when I was killing off some aptasias on one of my rocks was a long, I would say about 2-3 inches pink worm. What could these little creatures be? Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by hunterdaddy
peanut worm?

Didnt look like a peanut, nor do I have peanuts in the tank... how would a peanut worm get in there?

c_bell

Hmmm don't know about the worms. How were you killing off the aptasias? Im stumped on how to do this I was going to get some peperment shrimp. Any advice??? :confused:

nacl-h2o

The Peanut Worms he's refering to are aquatic worms that live in holes in LR, and do not have anything to do with peanuts. And I doubt that's what they are, peanut worms stay in there rock and wouldn't be swimming around. There are tiny thin white worms found in the substrate and rock. They are benificial and their name escapes me right now, but that's probably what they are

hunterdaddy

Cbell
Pep shrimp work good on aptasia, especially the small stuff but the bigger ones die real quick with a shot of kalkwasser right in their faces. Make sure you don't have any kalkwasser deposits on your rocks because it will turn the coarline white.
Peanut worms will come out of the rock. They usually keep one end in however.