URGENT!!! is my urchin in trouble?

ogredawg

I just bought this urchin and my snails and my cleaner shrimp are picking on him. the cleaner shrimp looked like he was eating something from urchin, looked like he was ripping it off the urchin. what's going on? Is this normal, or should I take the urchin out. I'm just worried that it'll die and nuke my tank.
thanks

ogredawg

yeah for an hour or so. it looks like the shrimp is picking on the tiny tentacles and eating them. how would I know if an urchin isn't doing well?

azfishgal

I seemed to have the same problem with my cleaner shrimp picking at my new Xenia. And he was literally picking it part. I started off with 4 frags and now I only have two.
He also picked on some new Kenya Tree frags, but I think he's done, as I havn't seen anything else die. I was really worried their for a while, but at least I didn't pay for the frags, they were free. But still......that shrimp almost bought himself a one way ticket back to the lfs. Luckily the frags I have left seem to be doing well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed the shrimp leaves them alone.
Cool picture though.