Urgent!!!!!!!!!!

sepulatian

What is in the tank with her? Did she get her face stuck in an intake or get into a fight with a larger fish?

firerescue

I dont think she got in a fight but i do have a foxface in with her. they have never had a problem before but i guess there could be an accidental poke. I also have 2 clownfish, firefish, sfe, bicolore angel in the tank.

sepulatian

Do you have an open intake to a powerhead or a filter in the tank? There is bruising and cuts on the face, along with the puffed eye. That didn't happen naturally in one day. In any case, do you have a quarantine tank to remove this fish into?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Can you move this fish to a cycled quarantine tank? That is very much needed at this point.

firerescue

no to the qt and i have 2 pumps inside to help with more circulation but there is nothing that would injure or cut. I kind of noticed the bruising ever since ive had the foxface. is that possible

sepulatian

Originally Posted by FireRescue
i have a 55 down stairs but is not ready for anything
Can you set a qt up? Use water, some sand, and filter media from your display tank. How big is the foxface compared to the puffer? They are not terribly aggressive fish.

firerescue

the foxface is probably about half the size of the puffer and i will go get stuff tommorrow to set up my 55 as a qt.

firerescue

i have most of the filter stuff from my 55 but my current tank has a sump. so all i need is some sand a heater and pump for circulation. what about meds or does she just need some time alone

sepulatian

Originally Posted by FireRescue
i have most of the filter stuff from my 55 but my current tank has a sump. so all i need is some sand a heater and pump for circulation. what about meds or does she just need some time alone
Maracyn 2 for saltwater fish is the med to use. Be sure that you have plenty of flow in the tank and keep an eye on the water parameters. It will help to add vitamins to his food to boost his immune system and help him heal faster. When you remove him from the tank don't net him. Use a ziplock bag or other container without soap residue on it.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
No sand in a QT. Take a look at the FAQ Thread and setting up a QT.