Using A Food Processor To Prepare Frozen Foods - Thoughts?

triton

I am thinking of getting a small food processor to prepare frozen shrimp, squid, and clams from the grocer.
I have tried cutting this stuff up, but have found the pieces are still to big, and the fish can have a tough time with it.
Has anyone tried this, and do you have any feedback?
Thanks

reefkprz

food proccessers are a godsend to preparing foods,not only for my reef but for my 50 other pets too! I bought the kind that attaches to the top of my blender. Love it.

gatorwpb

I just made my first prepared foods today. It was pretty nasty, hope my fish appreciate the effort.
My mix was scallops, clams, mussels, shrimp, flounder, fresh garlic, nori, cyclopeeze and marc weiss' combo vital all in a processor with some tank water added. Froze it all flat in ziplock bags.
We'll see how the tank likes it tomorrow. :happyfish

v-lioness

Has anyone tried this, and do you have any feedback?
That's all I use, could not imagine making my food with out it, I have a small cheap one from Walmart, I either use the flexible Ice Cube trays or lay it flat in a zip lock bag (easier to break chunks).
Good Luck and have fun with it,
Kaye

kpk

This may get pulled, but it is very informative and doesn't advertise for anyone that I am aware of.

hatessushi

I use our Quisinart to prepare food enough for 2 to 3 months. I usually make a few batches so one batch is shrimp, scallops, nori, vitachem and the next batch is clam, squid, (sometimes octopus), garlic, Selcon. I spread it onto a wax paper covered pan and partially freeze so I can cut it into squares that fit nicely into a ziplock bag. The fish love it but I think my Hawaiian Trigger like my finger better. He drew blood for the first time today when I was gettting the Nori clip off the side of the tank he bit the c*&P out of my finger. The one time I didn't put the glove on.