UV filter??

biggdriver

I was told by many people on other sites that have told me MH bulbs (the ones with mogel sockets) I assume they are the screw in ones don't need a uv filter..Now I'm confused..they said the only ones that need one are the double ended ones..I have never seen a double ended MH what are they I have 175 watt Mh now and have ordered a diy kit witha 400watt Mh...and would like to shield it with something They said the bulb was a Hamilton 6500K and screws into a mogel socket(which they also provided) BUt do I need a uv filter on it or not...I would like to know more info on the double ended Mh also...are they like the Halogen bulbs???where can I get info on them .>Just curious ...Are they any better....????Thanks anyone who can help

kris walker

Hey bigdriver, you might get more attention from lighting people if you edit the title of this post to something that distinguishes "UV filter" from a water filter that uses UV to kill plankton. Maybe something likek "MH UV filter required?" Just a thought to help.
sam