UV How to.....Please

saltfisher

Anyone know how to change the buld in a Custom Sealife UV ster? The 9-watt. I can not figure out how to open the damn can. It's the all black one.

squidd

Remove the Two screws in the bottom "cup" that are on the sides, remove bottom "cup" light is pluged inside...the Two screws on the "bottom" of the bottom hold the bulb receptical in...
Should be just a little "twist" to break bottom "cup" loose...not glued...

saltfisher

Man, thanks for that info. I saw those screws, but was afraid to pull that can apart, thinking water would run out. However, that UV is unlike my other one. When opened, it's weird how there is no water that passes where the light is. I can't tell how the light helps on that unit. Also it was so screwed up in there that the ballast(sp?) was broken and needs to be replaced. Now I am trying to find it. Lowes don't sell it. Any ideas being Custom Sealife is out of business?

squidd

I've got a working 9 watt unit about 8 months old (probably should change the bulb) that I'd sell for $25 + shipping..if your interested post your e-mail, I do paypal...

saltfisher

Sold. Is it the same one that I have here? This damn thing has pissed me off. I went bought a new pond UV, but can't get the damn light to come on. I just don't understand why there is no power going to it.

squidd

Yep, that's how I knew the screws were on the bottom sides...
I just bought an 18 watt (same kind) when I set up th 210 and don't need this one at present...
YGM.

saltfisher

Lastnight I was so pissed with it that I removed it all together. I called the place I bought it and bitched. They may do something about it. I am still interested in your though. I replied to your email.