UV Sterlizer andBattle with Ich

spnohio

I have a predrilled 75 gallon, with lr, a sump/fuge and a uv sterilizer. How much does the uv sterilizer help with ich?
I quarantined my scopas tang and royal gramma together in hypo for about 5 weeks. I lost my royal gramma due to unknown circumstances and the scopas has not eaten in the last week of qt. I did not see any more ich on him so i raised the specific gravity and salinity and returned scopas to the display tank, thinking he may have been stressed in the qt tank. I have tried soaking spectrum a pellets, green algae sheets, brine shrimp, reef plankton in garlic but can't get him to eat now. How long can a fish go without eating?
Also, if i had ich and from what i read, i should only put one fish in the qt for hypo, what if three fish have ich? can i use the sump/fug for a qtor at least remove them from the dt for a while?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
If you did hypo appropriately, you shouldn't have to worry about ich. Sterilizers potentially can kill some parasites, but are not reliable for achieving 100%. You can QT more than one fish and do hypo, as long as the size of the tank, or container, is adequate for all the fish.
What battle are you still experiencing? Did ich re-emerge? What are you using to measure salinity?