Vacation troubles, and need some help!

smickied

I took a couple weeks vacation, and came home to a red slime epidemic!! I cleaned the tank (added Phosphate media, tested water, change it ect…), scrubbed the live rock, and the main algae problem is under control (for the most part). All my corals are fine, except my Zoo’s, some of them are sealed shut by the algae! I managed to use a turkey baster to suck and blow as much of the algae off as I could, but some still won’t open and are still slimed.
I don’t have any pics, the cameras down.
Any suggestions on cleaning the polyps, before my poor Zo's fall victim to the slime? Please!!!
:confused: :help:

dburr

I would keep on w/ the baster, maybe a hand wave will loosen it also.
Sorry, I don't know what else.

karajay

Any chance your lights are getting old? Are you sure your powerheads are all still working (if you use them)?
I don't know what types of corals you keep, but chances are they would survive a day or two in the dark. That might knock the slime problem down a little also.

smickied

the bulbs are only 3 mo. old, they should be fine. I didn't think of completly turning off the lights but i did cut back the time. it might work to break it up a little. But the good news is a few of them opened in the past couple hours:nervous: