Vacation

scarface

Well i am going on vacation and was wondering what does everyone do to maintain their tank while they are gone. I dont have the financial means to hire someone to look over my tank while i am gone so just to give a heads up I dont have a sump but I have a h.o.t. skimmer and filter two powerheads timers on my pc lighting. In my tank I have an anemone, zoos, mushrooms and a froggie for corals. As far as fish I have 2 perc clowns, 1 green chromie, 1 hippo tang and 1 kole. I normally feed them flakes, cyclopeeze, plankton and other greens for the tangs. So was just wondering how would I go about supplying my livestock with the proper diet while im gone for a week. As well as replace chemicals that I put in the water on a day to day basis? Any input will be helpful

spmnarciso

Originally Posted by Scarface
Well i am going on vacation and was wondering what does everyone do to maintain their tank while they are gone. I dont have the financial means to hire someone to look over my tank while i am gone so just to give a heads up I dont have a sump but I have a h.o.t. skimmer and filter two powerheads timers on my pc lighting. In my tank I have an anemone, zoos, mushrooms and a froggie for corals. As far as fish I have 2 perc clowns, 1 green chromie, 1 hippo tang and 1 kole. I normally feed them flakes, cyclopeeze, plankton and other greens for the tangs. So was just wondering how would I go about supplying my livestock with the proper diet while im gone for a week. As well as replace chemicals that I put in the water on a day to day basis? Any input will be helpful
I have a huge setup with alot of it automated, but i still have a really hard time going anywhere or leaving in a someone else's hands. I heard alot of horror stories of people coming back to flooding, or a dead tank, because the person they left it too were not on top of things.
Best thing would be to have a relative come by once a day to feed or just look the system over. Its a bit harder to leave town for a week with a saltwater tank. All I can say is make sure topoff system working properly, fans are operating in case of a really hot day, fish are fed well before you go, and hope for the best. A backup system would be ideal in case of power outage (running at least a powerhead or air pump).
Good luck