Valentines Day

claire_r

Okay, this is way off topic, but this is the busiest place I know of to ask:
What do men want for Valentine's day from their wives (aside from the obvious)? Any good ideas??
claire:help:

woodymdt

Claire, I could offer a few suggestions...tell me a bit about your husband?
Also, give me a ball park statement about your budget...
tight? somewhat flexible? shoot for the moon?

claire_r

Thanks woody
My husband is a great guy, of course. He likes competitive shooting and rock climbing, but he's not a "macho" type. We have 2 little girls and he's a terrific dad! We've been together forever and I just can't figure out a great way to say, "I love you, I'm proud of the person you are, and you deserve something special."" (I know, it sounds pretty sappy.)
Unfortunately, money is an object, so big ticket things are probably out. Guys are always told to buy flowers or jewelry, but what are women supposed to buy for the guys?!
claire:)

scoobydoo

How about a card that says all that stuff? That's what my husband would want but I tell him everyday (well, just about every day!).

swnewb

I think having the kids sent to grandparents for the night, a nice romantic dinner, maybe a nice soak in the tub together, get back in touch with each other and just concentrate on each other would be a great way to celebrate. And throwing in the obvious at the end is a pretty good idea too;)

maeistero

i always want to be able to give my girl a cheap gift. screw roses, they are 9 bucks a dozen in the summer. i'm thinking a pasta dinner w/some great italian garlic bread over a couple candlesticks and some daisies. a nice movie and a little box of choco (don't want it sitting around for days, just enough for the night).
that's what i like to do, what i like for her to do is just strip down to comfortable and curl up in my arms on the couch after dinner while we watch the movie. i love it when she falls asleep like that. that's my gift.

claire_r

Thanks for the great responses, everyone (except Jason). It's nice to hear from so many romantics.
scoobydoo, I tell him all the time, too. I think he's so used to hearing it that he doesn't realize how much I really mean it!
This is the best place for advice!
claire:D

pontius

I'm a man, and here's what I want most from my wife on Valentine's Day:
1. a day without nagging
2. a day without nagging
3. a day without nagging
4. fish stuff
5. a day without nagging
6. some good DVDs or CDs
7. a day without nagging
I'll probably get numbers 4 and 6 because we're getting our income taxes back next week and I just sold my first property in my partime real estate gig, but I think it's pretty unlikely that I'll get any of the others.