Valentini Puffer

acroshark

How many of you have a Valentini in a reef tank? How do they behave? Im thinking of adding one to my reef tank but is it worth the risk?

puffer32

Mine was picking on my clam, so I had to remove the clam. Thats the only thing i have seen him munch on though.

acroshark

i dont have a clam! im just worried about my zoas! do they need and specific care or are they pretty easy to keep?

A

azul1994

Yes, max size is around 4 inches, although i have never seen one this big.

acroshark

im really cought up between getting a valentini or a pygmy angel! i dont know whic would be better! i like them both!

puffer32

Originally Posted by helpme74
http:///forum/post/2555309
my Valentini was eating my snails . It went back to the pet store
I don't have any snails cause my hawk fish ate them. I do have hermits and my puffer never touches them.
I have lots of corals, my valenti picks food off the rocks but seems careful to avoid the corals.

morval

i love these fish but as soon as i got one in my tank first thing he did was go after my hermits and snails. so he spent the night in a net and went back first thing in the morning. i so wish he would have behaved.

teresaq

I had one, never bothered either snails or hermits, I also had a hawiaan saddleback, (they look a lot alike) and it would eat snails. I just bought bulk nass for it.
T