Valentini Puffer

watcher

What are the requirements for these? What do they eat? Should you put in hermits and snails occasionaly for its beak.

grouperhead

Valintini's are notorious fin-nippers. They need around a 35-40g tank. They will eat brine, silversides, squid, mysis, clam, shrimp, maybe some flake, and formulas 1 and 2. As for the beak, they will bite the live rock occasionally to file the beak down. Leaving the food still a little frozen might help as well. Valentini's are very hardy fish and a great addition to most aquariums. Bo

watcher

also I was just reading in the archives, and it said that a sharpnose,honeycomb tobey, and valentini puffers could all be kept in 35g tank, what's the easiest of them? I really like all 3. It would also have to do well with a snowflake eel. I'm ordering my skimmer tonight! About 6 weeks or so and I can get my snowflake!!!!

We have had a valentinie in with our snowflake for over a year with no problems, until, the little guy for some reason jumped out of the tank onto the glass under the canopy[sad day] no idea why because he was a very sociable fish and got along with everyone. And never ever seen anyone chase him. we do have two chasers[a domino damsel about the size of a pop can and a luner wrasse thats about 5-6 inches long] these two guys can be buggers especially to our pork fish. The valentinie and snowflake should get along just fine..cya...fixit :)