valentini toby

dave_15

would a valentini toby do ok with a (i heard they are fin nippers so im making sure they are ok)
ocellaris clown
yellowtail damsel
domino damsel
mandarin
coral beauty
i really like tobies and i heard that they have a great personality
Thanks

dave_15

ok what if i took out the damsels would it be ok then
i was probably thinking around 20-25 gallons
im porbably exchanging my 2 tanks (29 and 30 ) and getting one big agressive (100) so im going to put these fish in a different tank.

treybomb

ok so then ur fish list is a:
coral beauty
false perc
mandarin
and tobi
well the mandarins need really well established tanks and a good supply of pods ( if im thinking if the correct fish)
other than that it looks good
im confused though is it going in the 29, 30 , or 100?

dave_15

well im exchanging the 29 and maybe 30 and getting a bigger tank...and then probably put them in one of them or buy another smaller tank (goin to see what my dad says)

dave_15

so then it would be 20-25 gallon small or 29/30 (toby, mandarin, clown and coral beauty)
100(agressive-with eels and some fish)
300-400 showpiece
50,000 gallon future (if its possible)

dave_15

:happyfish
:happyfish
i have a 29 and 30 which im goin to exchange these two for a bigger tank (100)...then i might buy a smaller tank for the fish that cant be in the sgressive (20-25- or i might leave one of the tanks that i was supposed to exchange)...the showpiece (300-500) will be set up this year or next...the biggest one in 5+ years (5000)
im getting confused too :thinking:

treybomb

wait your getting a 5,000 or 50,000 i know you started a thread about having a 50,000 tank but i thought that it was just for fun??? that would cost a ton!! i know u said ur dad buys you everything!! but who is he bill gates?

dave_15

well i did post a 50,000 gallon tank for fun (it was...what would you do if you had a 50,00 gallon tank)....and maybe when i grow up i might want a tank about that big (if i have a good job and alot of money)
by the way i bought most of the stuff for my 29 and 30 (when i used to play at a restaurant- $90/3 hours of playing)

dougai

Originally Posted by DAVE_15
would a valentini toby do ok with a (i heard they are fin nippers so im making sure they are ok)
ocellaris clown
yellowtail damsel
domino damsel
mandarin
coral beauty
i really like tobies and i heard that they have a great personality
Thanks
i have had my toby for about a month or two now and it is in with:
a coral beauty
a pair of percs
a yt damsel
pink and blue shrimp goby
a cc star
and a niger trigger
and it has been doing fine, he doesnt bother anyone
kinda just floats around with no worries
a great addition

rberhow

We love our valentini and like dougai, we have had ours about a month. He is in a 55 gallon with a pair of percs, yellow watchman goby, yellow tang, various crabs and snails, fire shrimp, cleaner shrimp, and an urchin. There were some territorial things with the tang the first few days but since then all is well. The tang and the valentini, or Mr. Puff as he is known to our kids, hang out together all the time now. They like meaty food and need to be fed things which will help them wear down their teeth. From what I have read, they need a minimum of 30 gallons and can be aggressive to inverts but haven't noticed anything as of yet. One person suggested, get your inverts first (shrimp and such) and then add the valentini and they may see the inverts as part of their home and not food. But adding them after, they may just think you are feeding them a tasty treat.
I have no clue if that is accurate but just a thought to ponder.... :notsure: Anyways, hope you are able to get him and enjoy 'cause they are very cool fish full of personality.