velvet fairy wrasse

norcal

I just bought a velvet fairy wrasse from my lfs. I love this fish!!! he eats anything i put in the tank and hes out swimming quite often. Very pretty fish. He scares easily, but other than that he is sooooo cool. why arent these guys more popular in the trade? also if anyone else has one, do you have any tips or advice on these fish?

angelsrock

they are pretty fish like most of the fairy wrasses. one reason they might not be as popular is that they tend to be on the expensive side for such a small fish. also sometimes they tend not to ship very well. it also depends on availability too.

blemmy_guy

Norcal watch your Fairy very closely. I lost a flame Angel and all my cleaner and fire shrimp to my Fairy wrasse. I finally had to buy a fish trap and get rid of her. There the fastest fish in your tank and if she turns mean get her out. Really made me mad too, I was her biggest fan till she went Psycho!! Goodluck
Todd

norcal

wow really! thanks for the heads up blemmy. i have read everywhere that they are pretty docile, but i will definetly keep a more watchful eye from now on. so far it has been 100% peaceful. it is very fast for sure. it darts behind rocks in literally the blink of an eye. blemmy what did you find was good food for yours? mine wasnt expensive. only 30 at my lfs.....coulnt pass on it.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Blemmy_Guy
Norcal watch your Fairy very closely. I lost a flame Angel and all my cleaner and fire shrimp to my Fairy wrasse. I finally had to buy a fish trap and get rid of her. There the fastest fish in your tank and if she turns mean get her out. Really made me mad too, I was her biggest fan till she went Psycho!! Goodluck
Todd
wow, never heard of that at all!! I'm sorry to hear that though...

blemmy_guy

Norcal she wasnt too picky about food, she did like the frozen Mysis a lot though. And thanx Lion craze. After mine went Psycho there were a few other people on here that sais they had the same type problems. I wasnt expecting it at all.But i did make one mistake, It wasnt a Fairy wrasse it was a Lunar Wrasse. Sorry for the mix up. I had a fairy in my 125 that liked to jump out, but i dont have a top on it. Good luck! Todd