Vermiculated Angelfish

fishfood

Vermiculated Angelfish
Chaetodontoplus mesoleucus
Has anyone here kept one of these? Can you tell me if they are aggressive towads other fish, How bad they pick at coral, and what size tank you would keep an adult, and what other tank mates you might try.
I was considering one for an upcomming 135gal RR tank with some coral along with a sailfin tang and blue jaw trigger.
Drew

thefishguy

i had a bout 5 inch adult singapore(virmiculated) angelfish for about 4 years with a purple tang and a hippo tang in my tank also with a flame angelfish, and tomato clown. He never messed with the tangs or the dwarf that i ever saw, He would swim with the tangs not causing trouble. I fed formula 2, dwarf angelfish formula,angel formula, seweed selects. He did nip at the zooanthids but would stay clear of the yellow polyops and mushrooms. I would say its not very agressive,but i had a larger one then what you can ordinarly find; that held its own fine.(smaller ones are quite shy and books say hard to feed at any stage of life...)

fishfood

thanks for the info, I'll probably have a range of corals in my tank. My old tank had tons of zoanthids before Hurricane Ivan and they all made it. I was hoping i could put them in but it looks like most angels like zoanthids. I also need to get back some of my nice acro frags that made it. I"m going to test one out and for their price tag it shouldn't bother me too much if i have to return it to the store for some reason.
Also would keep him in a QT tank until i felt he was eating properly. I would imagine that if i order one from a site like this that it would probably be on the smaller side.