Very Confused new to this

aloysius

I am very confused. 12 gallon nano. I have had my tank for 3.5 months now and in the beginning everything went good tank cycled water looked crystal clear. Now the water is cloudy looks like little white micro fibers floating all over the tank. I change the carbon filter 3 days ago and did a 45% water change 5 days ago. Clean the filtration every two to three weeks. What could it be????? Also is it not good to stir up the sand bed???????? can that be harmful????????? someone please help

C

cmaxwell39

You do not want to stir up the sand bed. If you are stirring the sand bed up, that could be causing your cloudy water. If this is the case, just give it time, it will clear up.

aloysius

Does stirring up the sand bed release things into the water and if so what is it. I really would like my tank back to normal again.

Sounds more like a bacteria bloom that can occur from overfeeding,death,changed to much of filter media.I would do 1-1&1/2 gal water changes a week instead of 45% at one time.

aloysius

Oh WOW!!! I just got home and my 12 gallon nano water is now
Code:
[pre]crystal clear[/pre]
. I don't know what I did to improve clarity but it worked. Thank you for your info I will start doing the 1-1.5 gallon water change per week. And only feed once a day. Hears to the white fibers in my tank
. Now I can just sit back and injoy the show ***)

ejensen

Sometimes if you just leave your tank alone it will clear up on its own. When ever I mess with the carbon it get alittle cloudy.