VERY SERIOUS PORBLEM!

bhav_88

HELP!!! One of my fish (a DOMINO Damsel) disappeared! I think he got pushed down into the undergravel filter by the powerhead! How do I get him out without disturbing anyone else???

@knight

ok...holdup, need a little info on your tank.
first of all, how big is your tank, how long has it been set up, what substrate are you using, whayt else is in the tank (inclusing clean up crew)?????
i personally wouldnt worry about it too much, especially if it means disturbing a sand bed(since you have a UGF, i am assuming you are a CC user). the fish will get consumed in the tank. Damsels are sometimes considered pests anyway, so this might be a good thing as they are next to impossible to catch.
dont tear anything down just yet (other than the PH to make sure its body is not jarred up in there. is there a screen on it?), you may do more harm to your tank getting him out than it being in there.

playtime

I agree but need more info. Any other disappearances? What makes you think he is in the underground filter. Can you see his body? Check the Ph again to make sure he isn't stuck in there. That has been known to happen.
Playtime

bhav_88

Never mind... This morning I found a fish skeleton lying hidden behind some rock. However, @Knight, he was not a pest! He was the most peaceful fish in the tank, Strangely enough.

@knight

oftentimes damsels when they get larger become very territorial (they are notorious for this).
they become pest when a $2.00 damsels kills a $60.00 angel. and they are quick little bugers that are next to impossible to catch.
im sure i am not alone on this oppinion