VHO bulb color

rhino

Sorry abit of a rambler... Will also runnning two 03 for the majority of the time cut down on the amount of algae growth. I thought that algae like lower spectrums and hate the higher. So by running only actinics for 50% of the time this would cut back almost 50% of the algae. JRTHOMAS did you notice a difference in algae growth between the two different configurations of lighting?

J

jrthomas40

yeah...i have 2 250watt hqi on my tank and 2 actinics i have more green algae when those are on which i run for about 6 hours but the best thing i have noticed is my sand bed used to have lots of diatoms and it used to always ahve a brown coat but now it doesnt and the only thing i fight is the green

rhino

i fight the same diatom problem; I am waiting on a conch right now to help that problem. I wasn't sure what you said you did to fix that problem. That would be a great help. Was it using only the actinics instead of the white actinic?

J

jrthomas40

yeah for me ever since i have put on the hqi and run the actinics longer my diatom grow went down...so i went out and got a sand sifting star