VHO's and Rose BTA?

howardcu

I am setting up an 80 gallon tank that will have 660 watts of VHO's (4 110 Watt 50/50 and 2 110 Watt Actinics on seperate timers) and was wondering if anyone has had success with anemones in a similar setup. Oh and it is going to be hooked up to a series of 3 75gallon tanks in the basement with one being a refugium so the total system will be over 300 gallons allowing for stable water conditions. I will be dripping kalkwasser for topoff to keep the water at the same level at all times as well. Any input on VHO's and anemones, especially good host species would be appreciated.

T

thomas712

Any input on VHO's and anemones, especially good host species would be appreciated.
I would have the URI 50/50's and the URI actinic bulbs. I've tried the aquasun but never again, I didn't like the look of them.
There are about 1000 different species of anemones, however only 10 of them are known to be hosting type, then there is an odd one or two that have also hosted, without eating the fish. You will find a list at the top of this forum that I have been updating by well known clownfish expert Joyce Wilkerson. It shows common host anemones and clowns that they will accept.
E.Quad's is probably the host with the most clown species. Thats a Bubble tip anemone. I would suggest getting a tank raised one. The rose bta is a good choice.
Figure out what type of clownfish you would like then look at the sticky to find out if there is an anemone best suited for it.
Thomas

howardcu

Thanks, I was thinking the rose bubble tip due to its size. The carpets are just way too big after a few years and I don't have halides to truly support one. Maybe someday. There really needs to be an addict group for this hobby, like Marine Aquarist's Anonymous or something.