ViaAqua® AR620 Installation Help

garnet13aj

I just bought a ViaAqua AR 620 tank off craiglist and I'm not exactly sure how to set up the powerhead in the hood. It looks like it should pop in from underneath, but I can figure out how I would do this.
Any quick help from someone who has experience putting one of these together would be great.
I've contacted someone to see if I can get an installation manual, but that's not going to do much for tonight and the fish are getting a bit antsy.
Thanks for any advice!

garnet13aj

Anyone? The guy I bought the tank from called me back while I was sleeping and his voice message said to thread the power chord through and then do a 1/4 twist with the powerhead and it would secure it into place but I cannot for the life of me position the powerhead to make this happen.
I'm starting to feel like this ---->

srfisher17

Just find Via-Aqua online and call them.All decent companies have good tech help and i don't think we use it enough. If they don't have good tech help, I don't buy their stuff. BTW; I think CommodityAxis distributes Via-Aqua. you might want to find them.

garnet13aj

Someone out there has to have one of these tanks! Obviously they aren't as easy to put together as they suggested, but they do look good :)
Okay, so I still can't figure this out. I contacted Commodity Axis, they don't have a phone number, just fax and email. I emailed and they sent me the "instruction manual" which doesn't actually mention anything about how to put everything together.
I'm getting a bit desperate as I'm going out of town tonight...

garnet13aj

Okay, update...I know I'm the only one posting and this link will tell you why...
http://kazza.id.au/2003/02/aqua-one-...ort-forum.html
As srfisher17 said, don't buy products from companies that don't have good tech support. I bought this tank off of craigslist and it was an amazing deal considering the price to buy one new and all the livestock and extras that came with it.
BUT it turns out that tons of people with this tank have had trouble getting any help concerning the tank.
Here's a better instruction manual for the equivalent tank in australia...still doesn't mention how to connect the filter.
http://www.aquaone.co.uk/documents/A...es_new_001.pdf
Just another plea for help!

garnet13aj

Okay, I figured it out. Just in case someone has a problem like this in the future, the piece that connects the elbow to the powerhead has to come off before you can twist it into the hood (it may look like it's permanently on there but a but of wiggling will get it off), you place it on after you have attached the powerhead.