Video of my Upside down Seahorse

cranberry

If he's still have some bouncy issues, he may stay hitched like that. He won't want to let go. Hopefully he'll let go soon so you can assess better what is going on.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry http:///t/395634/video-of-my-upside-down-seahorse/20#post_3523076
If he's still have some bouncy issues, he may stay hitched like that. He won't want to let go. Hopefully he'll let go soon so you can assess better what is going on.
Thanks...He didn't eat tonight either...now I wish I had let him eat this morning before messed with him, so at least he would have had something. I hope he comes out of it...he's still in the same place.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman http:///t/395634/video-of-my-upside-down-seahorse#post_3523075
He'll sulk for a bit, but will come out when he's hungry.
That red reidi was a wild-caught specimen that Renee had back when SH were a lot more of a "mystery" to keep. She said he was a full 8"+. Unfortunately, she lost him while she was visiting me here in CA, and her dog/house sitter shut off the wrong wall switch...
such a shame....having tanks makes me want to never go anywhere, something always happens.

flower

Okay...update:
Birdie is still swimming upside down...but he is deeper in the tank holding to hitches to get around, and no longer stuck at the top of the tank. I must have relieved him a little.
I asked at Seahorse.org about how long to wait before I try again. He was so stressed after my first invasion, and stayed at the corner of the tank hitched to the chiller pipe, he refused to eat all day yesterday...but he came off of the pipe this morning, and ate like a piggy. I felt so much better after seeing him gobble up his food, I was afraid I had hurt him.
Somebody on Seahorse.org mentioned that he filled the pouch up with sterile saltwater before releasing the bubble...but I'm afraid of over filling his pouch. any comments on that method?