Viper Metal Halide

fenrir

I am thinking about upgrading the lighting on my 14G Biocube to the Viper clip on metal halide. I am debating on either the 70W or 150W. I have never worked with this much light before, does anyone have any suggestions? I am worried that the 150W may be too strong.

nietzsche

maybe the 150, seems like a lot but i thought a 70w on the 14g was okay. with the 70w you can keep LPS and zoanthids, the 150 maybe be too much lighting and bleach LPS
if im not mistaken, you can adjust the height of the viper, so maybe the 150 would be fine?

chellie4u2

I bought a Viper K2 on 2.4.09 and took it back a week later it just stopped working, I ended up getting a Aqualight Advanced Series HQI Metal Halide Fixture. Its on its way to me now and I hope it works far better than the Viper did..
Good luck with it I haven't heard too many people having luck with it..

nanoized

I removed the hood on my BC14 at Christmas and hung a IceCap Spotlight Pendant.
I really like being able to work on the tank (including the rear chambers) without having to play with the lid or unhooking the lighting.
A quality 70w fixture I feel is enough for a BC14 without bringing on too much evaporation and heating issues.

zsqure

look in demartini's biocube thread in the nano section. She has/ had an awsome tank and used one of those I forget which. I think her tank was 14 or 16 gal.