Viper or other expert, ID needed

emmitt2

I moved a piece of zoo's yesterday rearranging and on the liverock behind them are 3 small polyps spread out. They are a little smaller tham a bb and completely tranluscent except for the tips are white. Today when i first turned the lights on, the polyps were retracted and had a slight pink color but when they open completely clear except for the very tips of the polyps :help:
Any ideas? my camera isnt good enough to get a pic of them because of the size and color and they are way back in the tank.

emmitt2

Reefkprz, I just googled hidden cups and looked at them. The polyps look pretty much the same but mine dont have a skeletal base like the hidden at all. I cant really see that mine have any base at all??? :notsure: If they do, they must be MUCH smaller than what i see on the pics for hidden cups.
Any other ideas, reefkprz?

reefkprz

they grow really slowly so it doesnt suprise me at all that you cant see the base. I have had mine for years and am just now being able to see the base. and not much of it. after that with out a pic I'm pretty dry (if you'll pardon the expression) on ideas.
Just so we know were talking about the same thing here is a pic of mine (not a great pic but maybe it helps some.

emmitt2

Thank you, you may be right. Mine seems alot smaller than that and looking real close there does seem to be a tiny base. Doesnt look like the hidden cups online base but seems kinda similar to the pic you just posted, just alot smaller. I'll have to keep an eye on it and see if it grows. Thanks again