Visijet Skimmer

matti070

:thinking: I've seen at least 10 people on this site ask a question about their 29g tank!
But seriously now,
No I havnt. If a visijet is a filter, I'd reccomend either a penguin or a skilter. as an alternative. if its a powerhead, it doesnt matter a bit.

blitz99

it's a cheap protein skimmer... dont do it...
i was looking to save cash as well on the skimmer.. i went with a seaclone despite all the naysayers.. i am happy with it. go to one of the .com sites and you can get it for 65 or less brand new... beats paying 110 at petsmart...
actually, bring in a websites prices and petsmart will match it.. then you get it in hand for 65 bucks or so.

miel

:nope: I had the Visijet for my 40 gallon. Terrible skimmer IMO Its been replaced with a CPR bakpak wich is working great. Got a good price too on E by the Way :D

steveoutla

Ok, no visijet. I've got an Aqua C Remora on my 55g and it works pretty well but don't want to go that expensive for my 29g. I think I might try a seaclone.
Blitz - Have you had any problems with it at all? I just want to make sure I don't get something that I'm going to regret.
Thanks.

blitz99

no but a ton of people with the high cost skimmers put down the seaclone constantly... could just be that their 500 dollar skimmers need to be that much better... not sure.
i am fine with mine, it sucked getting the bubbles out but they lasted 3 days and once it was broke in i had no more bubbles...

dacia

Skilters are terrible at skimming. Buy a cheap skimmer like a seaclone and you can even see the difference there. I had a skilter die on me after less than a year...not that it ever skimmed well anyway, but it just stopped working for no apparent reason. It was on my 35...now I just have a filter and no skimmer and it has never been cleaner in that tank! It's not a reef though, just a FOWLR.
IMHO, for something cheap I like the CPR Bak Pak 2. Go to that wonderful auction site and you should find one real cheap. I got mine for around $50 brand new.

jacknjill

Originally posted by miel
:nope: I had the Visijet for my 40 gallon. Terrible skimmer IMO Its been replaced with a CPR bakpak wich is working great. Got a good price too on E by the Way :D
so you like the bak pak skimmer? i was just wondering because thats the kind im getting. does it work well? thanks

dacia

I've had a Bak Pak on my 30 for over a year now and I am very pleased with it. I narrowed down my skimmer choice to that and an AquaC Remora, and I have heard only good things about both...
Anyway, my 30 gallon reef is thriving with my Bak Pak. :jumping:

miel

My Bak Pak does an amazing job. I'm very pleased with it. My daughter looked at my tank just a couple days after I'd installed it and she asked "what did you do to the tank, the water is so clear!" I'm sure the more expensive Aquq Remora does a fine job too, but I'm sold on my Bak Pak.