Vlamingi Tang, Expensive??

sal t. nutz

I bought a Vlamingi tang this weekend. It's gorgeous!! It's about 6-7" and my LFS sold it for $39. I started looking at my favorite fish sites online (can't post names here) and they seem to run $140-$280-???? Can anyone confirm that this is the correct price? Did I get a hell of a deal?

plum70rt

can you post a pic?, I got mine,a blue spot as its called right here on this site, hes in the middle

yosemite sam

I got mine for like $35 too. The guys at the pet store I got it from didn't have the slightest idea what it was, which I guess was why it was so cheap, although I'm still not sure how they got it for so cheap either. At least I'm assuming that the sites and stores that sell them for $150-$250 aren't marking them up 1000% Anyways, good luck with yours, I loved mine but it outgrew my 125 gallon really quickly and I had to get rid of him. Do you have any pictures?

sal t. nutz

Yes Plum, that is a Vlamingi Tang. Mine looks almost just like that. Blue Spot is like a slang name, it's actually a Vlamingi Tang.

S

simm

You got a good deal. Small juveniles go for up to 80 bucks whereas small to larg adults go for $130 - $250.

Just curious.... how big do they get? I would love to have a Vlamingi one day but want to make sure I have a big enough tank. What size tank is best for them?

cadbury

Hey plum70rt, I have one as well in my 180 Reef, I bought it small at $45, the prices are up there evrywhere else. How big is your tank, you have a awesome collection of fish in there..... Have anymore pics?

sal t. nutz

That tank looks great Plum, but I just can't see how it is 262 gallons. I am not saying you are lying, it just doesn't look that big to me. My tank is only 40 gallons bigger than yours and mine is 8 feet long 2 feet deep and 30" high.

plum70rt

well its no lie, 62 wide 28 high, 36 deep, works out to 270 if you do the math, but some is lost in the bow, I filled it up so I know how much water went in, also another 52 gallon in sump,:)