Volitan Lion Question.

1968oldsma

Right now i have a 55Gallon tank with about 30lbs of live rock, no corals, no inverts, and i was wondering if i could add a 4" Volitan Lion (Upgrading to a 150Gallon in Octoberish) for now untill i get my 150 up and running. Right now the inhabitants of the tank are valentini Puffer (4") Firefish (2") perc clown (2") Velvet Damsel (3.5") Yellow Tang (4 or 5") and a scooter blenny. I have had these fish in here for many months now these fish are all larger than this lion's mouth at the moment but my question is if it is at around 4-5" now can i add him in and then transfer him to my 150 at the latest in october more or less around september.
I have a friend of mine who is getting out of the hobby and is giving him to me for a case of beer basically but i was wondering if he would cause any harm to what i have now, i have plenty of places for them to hide and creveses and caves and ledges for the lion. One more question is (assuming he can live with what is in there now) what do i feed him?

lion_crazz

I see a slight problem with the lion in the tank with the firefish and the clowns. There is a good chance he may try to eat both the firefish and clown if given the chance. Just keep an eye on him. Other than that, he should be fine in a 55 until September. As far as feeding him, mix up his diet between silversides, krill, mussels, shrimp, etc.