Volitan Lionfish in 90gal

A

azul1994

The volitan lion will get too big for a 90. You could keep him in there if he is small but when he grows bigger he will need a larger tank like a 125, preferably higher.

A

azul1994

Also if you want a lionfish you can get a fuzzy dwarf lion.

v-lioness

They grow fast (12 - 15 inches) and really do need space, I don't recommend it, Russell's lion looks very, very similar to the Volitan, again fast growers and reach 10 - 12 inches in around 18 months.
But a dwarf Species would work well in your 90g. Maybe search Fuzzy Dwarf, you could have a male and female, Antennata is another beautiful lion.
Kaye

fishrn

I have a V. lion in my 125. When I got him November he was about 3 1/2 in. He is now a big fat 6 1/2 to 7 inches. I just held up the ruler. Amazing how fast he grew. I almost feel that a 125 is to small for him. I would go with a similar lion, but definately a smaller variety.

jenni620

i actually have a v. lion in my 90 right now...but he is pretty small, and we are upgrading to either a 125 or a 150 next spring. i think it would be okay for a little while if you got a small one, and planned on a bigger tank in the near future. beautiful fish; i love mine!

trigger29

i have a v lion in my 60 gallon tank right now he is still small but i am getting a 180 pretty soon but they dont grow too fast my buddys is about 16" and its 2 1/2 years old and its in a 125

v-lioness

they dont grow too fast
Volitans grow fast, with proper feeding and diet a Volitan will reach 12 - 15 inches in around 18 months.
Kaye

dragonzim

Originally Posted by TriGGer29
my buddys is about 16" and its 2 1/2 years old and its in a 125
16" in 2 1/2 years is VERY fast compared to just about any other fish in the hobby.

vegas made

Originally Posted by V-Lioness
Volitans grow fast, with proper feeding and diet a Volitan will reach 12 - 15 inches in around 18 months.
Kaye

well in my opnion that is not growing fast