voltage going in my tank

1journeyman

Well, I'm not an electrician, but I will state that I have an old Rio pump that pops my GFI wall plug anytime it is turned on, so the GFI must be able to detect "leaking" voltage.

kdfrosty

Originally Posted by drea
wtf, too complicated for me.. should i canotinue to use the grounding probe or ditch it?
Keep using it.

tonidonova

Hey I don't know about yall but getting shocked by touching my water makes me mad. I don't like to touch my electric fence that controls horses. Electric is not OK with me in my fish tank. I had a pump blow a clamp from rusting, burt my pump. I replaced it and of course came home with more fish. When I got ready to turn them loose I was stung by the water. Well I started unplugging cords till it stopped. I tried to get my husband to put his hand in the water but it didn't work. So I found out it was the other pump. Sliding in and out,of wet dry filter, caused a crack in line or case. So I went and got a new one. FIXED. I have to tell the truth, first I took it out and tried it in kitchen sink, put blue glue and electric tape on it. Worked for a little while. When I was putting reef treatment in wet dry, I felt that sting slightly. I asked my daughter to touch the water, she did only because I was. I went to LFS.

bailey52

"Asked my daughter to touch the water" HAHAHAHA

"Heyy sussie, did you clean your room today???? No? Come touch this water!"