Vortech mp40w

scubaj

I just bought this PH. It's going into a 120g 48x24x24 reef tank. With megaflow system (2 overflows in back - not corner overflows).
I only have the one PH but also have a K4 PH. Will I need both? What should I set the wavemaker on for the vortech: Lagoon, Reef Crest, Pulse???
Thanks!

spanko

You may end up not wanting the K4 in there but that will have to be your choice after seeing the MP40 in action.
Don't ask what it should be set on, try it out. Half the fun of having a technologically wonderful toy like that is to see what it is capable of!! I have a MP10 in my 29 gallon bio cube and have it on about 70% power, short pulse mode at about 50%.

scubaj

Do you think I should have it on the short wall going the 4ft length or the middle of the long wall shooting accross to the front of the tank? I will play with it. Can't wait to get home and see.

nigerbang

Sounds just like my setup.. I have a MP40w on the left short blowing across the tank and a K4 on the other side... Still not enough flow.. Going to replace the K4 with another MP40w on the right side blowing towards the other one..

J

jstdv8

holy crap, i just looked that thing up, its super sweet. got the motor on the outside, genius!

scubaj

You're right NigerBang, could still use more flow although I am not disappointed in the 40. The different settings are very cool. I LOVE the feed mode!

nigerbang

No disappointment here either.. It reaches the other side just fine but not really enough to run 1 as a stand alone.. What mode are you running it on? Mine is about 18" off the bottom of the tank and the undertow is so strong it still pulls sand toward it!

scubaj

I'm about 15" from bottom on the 24" side of the tank. I currently have it set at 100% power (pulse mode) with max pulse setting (most flow)